Off Site Tools
Various tools are available to calculate metrics needed for coordination as well as to forecast system coverage. Below are descriptions and links of a few. All links on this page are off-site. Iowa Repeater Council, Inc. has no control of the content on off-site links.
- Radio Mobile
- A software package to forecast the VHF/UHF/Microwave coverage using free digital elevation data and road maps downloaded directly from the internet. The home page lives at http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html and is replicated at http://www.ve2dbe.com/english1.html. The online version is available at http://www.cplus.org/rmw/rmonline.html.
- Splat! is an RF Signal Propagation, Loss, And Terrain analysis tool for the spectrum between 20 MHz and 20 GHz. Splat! is an open source package that also makes use of freely available digital elevation data. Splat! is available in package form for various flavors of linux as well as on Windows and Mac platforms. Splat! can be found at http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/splat.html/
- FCC HAAT Calculator
- The FCC website provides a HAAT calculator. By providing this tool with a lat/long and an antenna height-above-ground in meters, the tool provides a HAAT calculation in meters. This can be found found at http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/antenna-height-above-average-terrain-haat-calculator and http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/haat_calculator.html
- FCC fractional degrees / degrees minutes seconds converter
- The FCC website provides a degrees-minutes-seconds converter. This can be found found at http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/DDDMMSS-decimal.html