This is a checklist to coordinate a repeater in Iowa
Collect the Five data points needed for the coordination form:
- Ownership (you or your club)
- Frequency (or band. You can enter a preferred frequency, or band segment, but at least enter the band)
- Location (in latitude/longitude, degrees, minutes, seconds) See hints on determining lat/long
- Height Above Average Terrain ( See HAAT worksheet and tips on HAAT ).
- Effective Radiated Power (See ERP Worksheet pdf ).
Once the data is collected (and double checked):
- Fill out the coordination form.
- Send it to the coordinator (See address on the form.)
- Coordinator will send you a list of available frequencies
- You select a frequency from the list, returning that choice to the coordinator.
- Coordinator sends coordination request to coordinators in all adjacent states. The adjacent state coordinators have 30 days to comment prior to coordination.
- If no objections from other coordinators, coordinator sends you the confirmation of coordination.